This project was done using software that is meant for live performance, hence process shots would be more like visuals of the code that I was using to make the piece rather than actual visuals of what it does.
Over the course of making the project I began with the geometric dreams tutorial which showed how to put a geometric shape on the screen and one way to modify it, but after that point I went off of my own creativity to see what I could do with the Max. Ultimately I came up with a system of 7 switches that would change parameters controlling the different modifications to the shapes appearing on screen, some would change the type of shape, some the geometric makeup of the shape itself, some how it was disfigured, and some how it was colored.
Over the course of making the project I learned just how flexible Max is as a system for creating live visuals or instruments and I intend on pursuing it further.
Thanks to Niccolo Seligmann for introducing me to Max, here is his website: